The Alberta child and family benefit (ACFB) is a tax-free amount paid to families that have children under 18 years of age.
For July 2021 to June 2022, you may be entitled to receive the following amounts:
- $1,330 ($110.83 per month) for the first child
- $665 ($55.41 per month) for the second child
- $665 ($55.41 per month) for the third child
- $665 ($55.41 per month) for the fourth child
The benefit is reduced as family income exceeds $24,467. If your adjusted family net income is between $24,467 and $41,000, you may receive a partial benefit.
In addition, families with working income of more than $2,760 may be entitled to receive the working income component of:
- $681 ($56.75 per month) for the first child
- $620 ($51.66 per month)for the second child
- $371 ($30.91 per month) for the third child
- $123 ($10.25 per month) for the fourth child
The amount is reduced if your adjusted family net income is more than $41,000.
ACFB payments are made separately from the CCB payments and issued in August, November, February and May.
This program is fully funded by the Alberta provincial government.
The Canada Revenue Agency administers the Alberta child and family benefit, which is a Canada child benefit (CCB) related program, on behalf of the Alberta provincial government.
- May 27, 2021
- August 27, 2021
- November 26, 2021
- February 25, 2022
- May 27, 2022
- August 26, 2022
- November 25, 2022