Employment Insurance Internet Reporting
Your EI payment is issued every 2 weeks after you have completed your online EI report. You will be paid either through direct deposit (within 2 business days) or by mailed cheque (up to 2 weeks).
In the situation where you were asked to complete a manual report, you will only get your payment after the paper report is received and processed at the designated EI processing office.
How do I setup direct deposit?
If you would like to have your money direct deposit, you have to add your bank account through your My Service Canada Account.
How to properly complete your EI report?
EI does not pay your 2 weeks in advance. Your bi-weekly EI benefits payment is to cover for your past 2 weeks of job search activities. If you have worked during that past 2 weeks, you must declare your gross earning in your report (total worked hours x your hourly wage). Your EI benefits will be less due to the earning deduction. Later when you received your actual salary, you don’t have to declare anymore because you have done so already.
* * * IMPORTANT * * * Please note that you must ensure your EI report is answered according to what the reporting system is expecting. For example, if you are staying home waiting for your employer to call you back to work, you must answer “yes” tot he availability question. If you answered “no” the reporting system will pause your EI report and ask you to call EI call centre to clear the report. You will not be paid until the report is cleared by EI call centre agent.
You may find other interesting topics such as:
Sign up for a Rakuten account and start earning cash back! Special 10% cash back from major brands!Detail Steps:
- Sign Up with our special referral link.
- Make sure to access the merchant’s website using the website link from Rakuten.ca. If you access the mercant’s website directly, you will not receive your cash back.
- Make a $30 purchase before tax and you will receive your $30 cash back.
- Receive your $30 cash back in your Rakuten.ca account!