While receiving your EI, there will be situations where you need to convert your claim, fill in a questionnaire because you have decided to go to school or launch your own self-employment work. Regardless the situation, where there is a change or an addition to your current “available and looking for work” status, you will have to fill in a form to notify EI processing. They will determine if you are still qualify for your EI.

(source: Service Canada)