Please be advised that this site is not affiliated with the pension office.
It is created to provide general EI information only.
Are you interested in getting Cash Back at Rakuten.ca! It’s an awesome site that gives you Cash Back when you shop online. With over 750 stores, including various Giftcards from Canadian companies, Amazon.ca, BestBuy.ca, Indigo.ca, Canadian Tire, Shoppers Drug Mart, and Sephora, you get paid to shop for things you’re already buying!
Try Now! Sign Up Now through our exclusive referral link and you will receive $30 instant cash back in your Rakuten.ca account!
Sign up for a Rakuten account and start earning cash back! Special 10% cash back from major brands!
- Sign Up with our special referral link.
- Make sure to access the merchant’s website using the website link from Rakuten.ca. If you access the mercant’s website directly, you will not receive your cash back.
- Make a $30 purchase before tax and you will receive your $30 cash back.
- Receive your $30 cash back in your Rakuten.ca account!
Since January 2022, residents of British Columbia are entitled to an additional 5 paid sick days, paid by their employer, in addition to the 3 unpaid sick days provided by the Employment Standards Act.
The paid sick leave entitlement applies to all employees covered by the Employment Standards Act (ESA), including part-time, temporary or casual employees.
The ESA doesn’t cover certain types of employees, including:
- Federally-regulated sectors
- Self-employed workers or independent contractors
- Employees in professions and occupations excluded from the ESA
If you are an employee
You can take up to 5 days of paid leave per year for any personal illness or injury. Your employer may request reasonably sufficient proof of illness.
This entitlement is in addition to the 3 days of unpaid sick leave currently provided by the Employment Standards Act.
You must have worked with your employer for at least 90 days to be eligible for the paid sick days.
If you are an employer
You are required to provide your eligible employees with up to 5 days of paid sick leave per year if they need to stay home because they are sick or injured.
You need to pay your employees their regular wages for these days. They do not have to be taken consecutively.
Employees are also entitled to 3 days of unpaid sick leave.