Would you vote Liberal in the next federal election if Justin Trudeau is still the party leader?
  • No 76%, 622 votes
    622 votes 76%
    622 votes – 76% of all votes
  • Yes 18%, 149 votes
    149 votes 18%
    149 votes – 18% of all votes
  • I don’t really care 6%, 52 votes
    52 votes 6%
    52 votes – 6% of all votes
Total Votes: 823
December 10, 2022January 31, 2023
Voting is closed

Please be advised that this site is not affiliated with the pension office.
It is created to provide general EI information only.


All 2022 T4E will be issued as of February 1st, 2023

Every beginning of the year, Service Canada will issue your previous calendar year’s T4E for your EI benefits paid up to December 31st (Cut-off date).  This slip must be filed with your income tax return for that tax year. The T4E indicates the gross amount of benefits paid, the income tax deducted and the amount paid toward an overpayment (if applicable).


What if my EI payment was delayed to 2023?

Sometimes, due to unforeseen circumstances, your entitled EI weekly payment in 2022 is paid in a lump sum payment in 2023. In this situation, you will not receive a T4E for 2022 because no payment was physically issued in that year. This amount will then reflect on your 2023 T4E. Statement of Qualifying Retroactive Lump Sum Payment (T1198) is the form to request this lump sum amount to be tax against the prior year as if you received them in that year. CRA will not reassess your return for the prior year.

Download: Statement of Qualifying Retroactive Lump Sum Payment (T1198) (external link to CRA)


Request a paper copy

It is strongly recommended that you access your My Service Canada Account to view and print a copy of your T4E. You may do so as early as February 1st. Another option is to request your T4E through the mail. Please ensure your mailing address on file reflects your most current home address.

If you do not receive your T4E by this date or would like to dispute an information on your T4E, please call Service Canada’s telephone information service at 1-800 206-7218 from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm or go to your nearest Service Canada Centre to request a duplicate T4E.